Wednesday 13 November 2013

Shants

Remember in elementary school when the cool kids (like myself) always had their short/pant hybrids that zipped at the knee?

I was one of those especially cool kids who would swap around the bottoms so I would have multicoloured pants.

Unfortunately zip off pants are no longer cool.  If I wore a pair today I wouldn't be able to walk down the street without getting beat up by a 6th grader and having my lunch money stolen.

I honestly am at a loss as to why these pants are no longer a thing.  Who would not want pants that simply unzip into shorts?

Maybe they disappeared because it wasn't enough for the cool kids just to have them, or I mean maybe we were just not the cool kids... (I'm having an epiphany)

Its not like you ever see Justin Bieber or Kanye West rocking a pair of bright blue zip offs.  But how is that any less fashionable than this?


If Justin can make looking like a mentally handicapped farmer cool I'm sure the same could be done for zip off pants.

I thought of what zip off pants might be used for today (because they are still being made).

I thought of things like archaeologists, mountain climbers and birders but apparently I was wrong.

After some research I realized that not even birders wear them.

Popular bird blogger "Elizabird" stated: 

"To be a birder does not mean you must lose a sense of fashion. It is okay to not look like a birder to be in the field. Sure there are times when it makes sense to wear zip off pants and the vest and the silly hat. But if you want to go into the field in a Jackie O scarf and skirt that is fine. It depends what kind of birding you are doing .
Girls it is okay to feel pretty and put together while birding."

If not even a birder thinks that these are an acceptable fashion then I really don't think there is any hope at them making a return.

Either way I will be stocking up on them in hopes that they do. 

No comments:

Post a Comment