Tuesday 5 November 2013

George Bush is still keeping it awesome


I've been wondering for quite some time where the former President of the USA George Bush is up to these days.  I've done some research into it and the answer is not going to come as a surprise to you; nothing.  Bush pretty much keeps to himself in his home of Dallas, besides the odd speech here and there and attending some funerals.  It is incredible how quickly Bush disappeared from the nations consciousness after an 8 year reign he himself describes as "awesome."

I can think of a couple reasons for Bush's disappearance.

1) Bush personally just chooses to keep a low profile.


2) He left a very thin political legacy.  Most of what Bush introduced and spent his 8 years working on were disliked and have worked there way out of Congress.  Pretty much all Bush left behind was the PATRIOT Act and Medicare prescription drug bill.

3) A large portion of America wants to forget about Bush.  The President was portrayed internationally as a bafoon and brought a bad face to American politics.

4) Bush has committed full time to more American pass times than being president, such as hunting and managing his fantasy football team.

Despite Bush's low profile he still is providing the nation with some classic George Bush quotes.

When describing his reign as president Bush stated

"Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful."

Perhaps the Bushiest Bush quote in Bush history.  It's asking to be a caption to one of these photos:

Joyce Boghosian/The White House

http://wikiality.wikia.com/File:Bush_Chainsaw.jpg
rapgenius.com
  
http://static.guim.co.uk

I'll leave you with a few Bush quotes, and you can decide for yourself why Bush chose to disappear.



"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we." --Washington, D.C., Aug. 5, 2004


"If this were a dictatorship, it'd be a heck of a lot easier, just so long as I'm the dictator." --Washington, D.C., Dec. 19, 2000


"Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" --Florence, South Carolina, Jan. 11, 2000


"People say, how can I help on this war against terror? How can I fight evil? You can do so by mentoring a child; by going into a shut-in's house and say I love you." --Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2002


"You teach a child to read, and he or her will be able to pass a literacy test." -Townsend, Tenn., Feb. 21, 2001


"I couldn't imagine somebody like Osama bin Laden understanding the joy of Hanukkah." Washington, D.C., Dec. 10, 2001


"I would say the best moment of all was when I caught a 7.5 pound largemouth bass in my lake." --on his best moment in office, interview with the German newspaper Bild am Sonntag, May 7, 2006

1 comment:

  1. He bothers me soo much! The things he did and said were completely ridiculous! Thanks for sharing this:)

    ReplyDelete